Thursday, May 2, 2013

Till Not a Spot Remains


Being here on campus longer than the rest of the team has also provided me with quiet moments to spend with the Lord. Lately God has been leading me through a wilderness of sorts. And, just as He faithfully provided daily manna for the Israelites, so He has providing for my needs, one day at a time. This morning as I was thumbing through a hymnal I stopped to read this one. My mind needs constant renewing (Rom 12:2) in light of the Gospel of Christ. I love the way this hymn puts it.

“I Lay My Sins on Jesus”

I lay my sins on Jesus, the spotless Lamb of God;
He bears them all, and free us from the accursed load.
I bring my guilt to Jesus to wash my crimson stains
White in His blood most precious, Till not a spot remains.

I lay my wants on Jesus; All fullness dwells in Him.
He heals all my diseases; He doth my soul redeem.
I lay my griefs on Jesus, my burdens, and my cares—
He from them all releases; He all my sorrow shares.

I rest my soul on Jesus, This weary soul of mine;
His right hand me embraces, I on His breast recline.
I love the name of Jesus, Emmanuel, Christ, the Lord;
Like fragrance on the breezes, His name abroad is poured.

I long to be like Jesus—meek, loving, lowly, mild;
I long to be, like Jesus, the Father’s holy child.
I long to be with Jesus amid the heavenly throng,
To sing with saints His praises, to learn the angels’ song.


1 comment:

  1. Emily,
    I finally had the time to read your last three or four blog posts. I don't have words to express the emotions I feel when I read your words and look at the pictures you have posted. I can tell that you have grown SO much and that being in Africa fits you very well! I know that all of it may not be easy, but it looks like you are experiencing joy in the midst of such a significant time. You are such a wise woman of God Emily, and I am glad to have spent two years living in close community with you. I look forward to the time when you will be back in the states and we can catch up. Know that I will be praying for you as you continue to serve Jesus in Africa! I love you Em.

    ReplyDelete