Saturday, August 17, 2013

A Little Health and Hygiene in Benin

During my recent trip to Benin, I was given the opportunity to teach a class on hygiene to women and girls in two different villages. It was a privilege to teach some basic lessons that we merely take for granted in the States. The women were lovely and welcomed me with blessings, singing, and dancing. I wish I had pictures of us dancing together. The women and girls in both villages were Muslim, withholding from both food and drink during the fast of Ramadan. I began the lessons with some verses from God's Word about us, human beings, being made in the image of God. He created us as beautiful workmanship. We are to care for our bodies, as well as our souls. 




1 comment:

  1. The women and girls in both villages were Muslim, withholding from both food and drink during the fast of Ramadan. generic cancer drugs

    ReplyDelete