Friday, September 14, 2012

Abijan, Cote d'Ivoire


Speed Scrabble

Pretty Chair

Our arrival into Cote d'Ivoire was smooth. Immigration and customs were unusually easy to navigate, and our luggage all arrived on time. I'm so thankful to be here and already sense that I'm going to love this place. Today was a day of rest. My team--Rebecca, Haylie, Eric & myself--along with Rod (long time missionary; Ivorian at heart),  Devin & Tricia (Journeyer's who are helping us integrate), enjoyed chatting, eating, resting, napping, game-playing, and more chatting. I think we've already tasted a bit of the Ivorian view of time and relationships. Relationships first, schedules second. Lunch lasted three hours but felt like one. And, I took not just one, but two naps today.  :)


Guest House

Garage Treasures

1 comment:

  1. Praise the Lord! I'm excited to hear more as you transition into life at Cote d'Ivoire!

    ReplyDelete