Saturday, October 20, 2012

Praises and Requests


Praises and Thanksgivings:
  • Team/Community – I am so thankful for my team. Each one of us has a very different background, but Christ unites us together! It is a huge blessing to have other Americans, Germans, and Ivorians living together in community. It’s sometimes challenging to learn and love through our differences, but it is also exciting and rewarding.
  • Leadership/Mentorship – God’s graciously given me wonderful leaders who have had years of experience on the missions field, love young adults, and treasure Jesus above everything else.
  • Ivorian culture – I thoroughly enjoy the people and way of life here in Cote d’Ivoire. I can hardly wait to live with a host family in another month or two.

Prayer Requests:
  • Language learning – Learning conversational French is one of my top priorities right now so that I can start communicating more freely with Ivorians. Pray specifically that I would overcome all fear and discomfort of speaking the little French that I know, so that I can learn through my mistakes.
  • Strength/Rest/Health – With all the stress of learning a new language and culture, I easily become tired—mentally and physically. Pray that my strength would come from the Lord and that He would sustain my physical health.
  • Friendships – Please continue to pray for authentic friendships to develop. I am hoping for a close friend or two for mutual understanding and encouragement.



1 comment: