Saturday, October 27, 2012

One Week, Ivorian Style

Quick update: All is well with me here in Cote d'Ivoire. Thank you for your prayers, encouragement, and the love that you've sent my way. I am always encouraged to hear from friends and family back at home. 

From November 1st through the 8th, I'll be living with an Ivorian family! This week-long stay is part of integration. It'll give me a taste of life in a family here before I move into one for 9 months. Oh, I am so excited about these adventures ahead. I will write more soon.

(Lately I've been quite tired by the increase in French hearing and speaking. My team only speaks French at our meal times now, among many other times throughout the day. Let's just say that I'm mentally and physically wiped out by the end of the day! But it's the kind of tired that is nice and satisfying. That being said, I will try to make more time for writing updates. So much to be said!)



No comments:

Post a Comment